Some reviews
Nego Offline
High Inquisitor

Some reviews
Thought I should make a new topic for this to make finding my thoughts easier. There might not be many reviews but I'll try to make some.

Circle Pad Pro
Type: 3DS add-on
Comes with: Wrist strap, AA battery

[Image: 35i3e4p.png]

I received my copy of Resident Evil: Revelations yesterday and it was bundled with the new Circle Pad Pro addon which adds an additional circle pad and two new shoulder buttons, ZL and ZR. The addon also has it's own R-button but that doesn't do anything the real R button wouldn't do. It's there just to make sure smaller fingers can reach it comfortably.

I am not a fan of the Resident Evil franchise so you might be wondering why the heck did I buy it. I actually have a few reasons: 1) after completing both Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 I was longing for another 3DS title, 2) the demo released on eShop was good and made me interested and 3) the Circle Pad Pro bundle is cheaper than if you bought a game and the addon separately. And due to that this is my review of the addon, not of the game.

Right. I was actually expecting to get a cheap piece of plastic with an even back and very uncomfortable experience but I was so wrong. The design of the add on is actually very ergonomic and it fits my hand perfectly.

[Image: 5zh69s.png]

There're are a few bits I do not like but one of them is because of my strange habits. The second one is that while the 3DS is in the addon you cannot flick the WiFi switch or change the SD card. This might sound like a minor complaint but if you're playing the game on an airport and using WiFi you'll have to disassemble the system from the addon before getting on the plane in case you want to continue playing while flying. It's a small annoyance.

The buttons and the circle pad all work like intended and feels natural to use. The circle pad could be a bit less sensitive but I guess that's just a matter of getting used to it. I've played RE:R using the addon and the additional circle pad adds just the same kind of freedom to camera movement that you'd expect a DualShock 3 or XBox360 controller do. It makes playing the game easier as you don't have to imagine Jill as a tank.

All in all the add on works perfectly and provides a comfortable gaming experience. It makes the system a bit more weighy which is why I guess they've included the wrist trap with the add on and recommend using it. As there isn't many games that support the add on yet I wouldn't recommed buying it separately. If you're interested in getting it you should look for it bundled with a game you want to get. RE:R is a good choice but it's not for everyone.

[Image: oPcHY9p.gif]
Signature made by Sai. Many thanks to him.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 05:37 AM by Nego.)
02-07-2012 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply