MANDATE AGAINST METAGAME ANYTHING (MAMA)
I, the undersigned, understand that by participating in this game, I temporarily give up any friendships, alliances, or pacts formed outside of the game, with or without express intent of forming an in-game alliance. I will not honor these outside alliances inside the game, and will not let them unreasonably affect my actions.
I am subject to the Game Master's (GM's) best personal judgement during the game, and their decisions are always final.
I swear that I will not resort to metagame methods of information collection and dissemination. This includes but is not limited to screenshots of game-related content, reading of the Dead Thread as a living player, employing non-players, creating duplicate forum accounts, bribing or blackmailing the GM, et cetera.
In-game, the only players that can honestly trust me and be trusted by me, and expect to protect me and be protected by me, are those players officially listed as being part of my faction. I will not, through action or inaction, attempt to deny victory from my faction. I am obligated to assist them in attaining victory, however I will not deliberately ruin the game experience for a simple win.
I recognize that this agreement is in the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play, and that in-game actions are made with concern to in-game victory, and are not made with the intent to incite injury, insult, or vendetta.
If for any reason I am found to disagree with or act against the MAMA., or the spirit of the Mafia game, I accept that I may be instantly removed from the game without warning.If you believe you are incapable of following this directive, please do not play the game.
MAFIA GAMEPLAY RULES
- All participants must agree to the MAMA in order to play any and all rounds of Mafia.
- All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via private message. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.
- Living players may not directly quote any messages they receive from the Game Master without their express consent.
- Game Masters reserve the right to remove any player from their game at any time, for any reason they wish.
LIFE, DEATH, & ACTIVITY RULES
- Living players may not view or post within the Dead Thread, and dead players may not post in the Living Thread. You must immediately contact the GM or a member of the staff if you have the ability to break this rule.
- You may not, as a dead player/spectator, reveal round-specific information to living players.
- Signing up for a round and being inactive will not be tolerated. Players are removed from a game after a duration of its GM's choosing, which cannot exceed 72 hours to maintain site efficiency.
- The abuse of thread access to indiscriminately post irrelevant bulk messages is not allowed. However, you're not required to remain completely on-topic all the time. The more amusing you are, the more lenience you'll receive.